Skin lightening products — also known as bleaching creams, whiteners, skin brighteners, or fading creams — work by reducing a pigment called melanin in the skin. Most people who use lighteners do so to treat skin problems such as age spots, acne scars, or discoloration related to hormones. It is also a technique used to lighten naturally dark skin. Now let us get into the main topic of “What is Movate cream used for?”:
After reading the intro you would have already got a fair idea of what our Movate cream does. Let us give you a few more uses of the movate cream.
Skin color is determined by the amount of melanin in the skin. Melanin is a pigment produced by specialized cells called melanocytes. People with dark skin have more melanin.
How much melanin your skin has is mainly a matter of your genetic makeup. Sunlight exposure, hormones, skin damage, and exposure to certain chemicals can also affect melanin production
Skin lighteners like MC contain an active ingredient or a combination of ingredients that reduces the amount of melanin in the skin where it is applied.
MC is used in short courses to treat severe inflammatory skin disorders, such as those below, when milder corticosteroids have not been effective.
How to use MC
- use the minimum amount, once or twice a day, on the darkened area of skin only
- avoid getting the cream on the surrounding skin or in your eyes, mouth and nose
- apply the cream with a cotton bud, or wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying the cream
- avoid touching the treated area against another person’s skin for at least a few hours after applying the cream
- use sun cream to protect your skin from the aggravating effects of sunlight